National Account Manager, Kroger
We’re looking for a National Account Manager, Kroger to join our team and work remotely near Cincinnati, OH or Chicago, IL.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Goals & Planning:
- Responsible for strategy, execution and growth plan at Kroger in 2020 and beyond
- Drive our business at specified regional retailers in the Northeast
- Partner with Revenue Management to optimize pricing & promotional strategy
- Align with Marketing to drive innovation that delivers on our “consumer-first” approach
- Build relationships & establish quarterly objectives with our broker partners
- Drive alignment & clarity within the cross-functional team for your customer growth plans
- Facilitate communication & drive collaboration between the internal support team & broker teams
- Integrate with marketing counterparts to execute dynamic, awareness driving shopper programming
- Be a thought-partner with brand marketing to build & adapt our company strategy to your customers
- Align with supply chain partners to support IBP through ongoing forecasting & volume/trade planning
- Sales Execution:
- Build strong relationships with HQ buyers and their extended buying teams, becoming a key-strategic partner
- Lead, train and develop a strong relationship with assigned brokers and retail execution partners
- Best in class execution against 3P’s: pricing, promotion & placement
- Understand the competitive dynamics in the categories we play in—discover where can we learn from leaders and find opportunities for growth
- Be a leader within the sales team by demonstrating proficiency in business fundamentals & tools
- Operate from a position of confidence and knowledge by understanding & articulating specific requirements of your retailer partners
- Gain retailer trust by demonstrating expertise in the competitive landscape & our company’s value proposition
- Conduct tough conversations with retailers & internal partners with data and detail and without fear
Skills & Qualifications:
- Based in Cincinnati or Chicago; Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 8+ years’ experience in retail sales/account management, with strategic account emphasis
- 2+ Years’ directly managing the Kroger business strongly preferred
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Broker management experience
- Ability to forecast and communicate volume and spending information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates clarity, empathy and persuasive/influential communication skills; understands audience and adjusts communication to drive desired results
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and can prioritize competing demands both within retailers & internally
- Should have business maturity/integrity and be committed to ongoing individual professional development
- Must possess a presence that fosters positive interactions and demonstrates company values within all levels of our retail partners and broker partners
- Computer skills; knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required, along with the ability to understand/analyze syndicated data including Nielsen and Kroger’s 84.51 data
What’s important to the team?
This role is an integral part of the RXBAR Sales team. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills and most importantly is hungry to build our brand’s momentum with this strategic customer. This role requires excellence in the fundamentals of the CPG business and the strategic thinking skills to manage a complex customer. Experience managing the Kroger business is a strong preference.
Does this remind you of you? We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
About us: RXBAR is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS. RXBAR simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, RXBAR products, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Back to top