Food Safety & Quality Manager
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Food Safety & Quality Manager:
RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to ensure the safety and quality of our company. We are looking for someone to join our team as a Food Safety & Quality Manager. This person will report into the Quality department; however, this role will support the entire organization.
The ideal candidate has passion for food, quality, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a quick learner, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and think creatively.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Approve raw material and finished goods specifications
- Lead the supplier and manufacturing process to ensure that raw materials, packaging materials, in process products and finished products conform to all specifications
- Review and approve supplier qualifications, compliance, and documentations on a set frequency
- Develop SOPs and provide appropriate training to ensure successful implementation of programs and processes
- Lead HACCP and process flow review process
- Establish ongoing continuous improvement activities which will deliver reductions in consumer complaints and ongoing process control improvements
- Ensures that products are produced to specification to meet safety, quality, and regulatory requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Microbiology, Engineering or similar related field
- 5 - 7 years working in food safety and/or quality for a food manufacturer and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG) company
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Acute understanding of/and passion for food, quality, process, and procedures
- Emotionally intelligent and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
We were tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so we set out to create one that was natural. We're going places, and it's fun. We're just getting started.
Back to top