Food Safety & Quality Auditor
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Food Safety & Quality Auditor:
RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to ensure the safety and quality of our supply chain. We are looking for someone to join our team as an internal Food Safety & Quality Auditor. This person will report into the Quality department; however, this role will support the entire supply chain.
The ideal candidate has passion for food, quality, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a quick learner, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and think creatively.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Support the supplier risk matrix development
- Perform audit procedures, including developing criteria, review processes and procedures, conduct interviews and document reviews, identify gaps, and deliver a written audit report
- Follow up on non-conformances with suppliers
- Make recommendations to management based on observations, documents, and sound judgement
- Escalate critical audit findings in in a timely manner to Senior Leadership
- Develop and maintain working relationships with manufacturing and supplier partners
- Provide input into the development and ongoing updates to the Food Safety & Quality Standards
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Microbiology, Engineering or similar related field
- 5 years working in an audit capacity with food safety and/or quality for a food manufacturer and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG) company
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Acute understanding of/and passion for food, quality, process, and procedures
- Emotionally intelligent and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
We were tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so we set out to create one that was natural. We're going places, and it's fun. We're just getting started.
Back to top