Food Regulatory Compliance Specialist
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Food Regulatory Compliance Specialist:
RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to ensure our safety and compliance. We are looking for someone to join our team as a Food Regulatory Compliance Specialist. This person will report into the Quality department; however, this role will support the entire supply chain.
The ideal candidate has passion for food, quality, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a quick learner, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and think creatively.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Develop & implement regulatory compliance programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external partners to ensure compliance of new/revised internal standards, labels, and regulatory requirements
- Interact effectively with FDA and other regulatory personnel, food safety auditors, and customers to maintain positive relationships
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the plants’ Quality systems to ensure compliance to regulatory, federal, and local laws
- Interpret and provide guidance on US regulations for foods to ensure regulatory compliance
- Guide partners on labeling regulations and certifications
- Responsible for label claims and managing supporting documentation including tracking timing and requirements for renewals
- Influence regulatory direction and drive strategy on cross-functional teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Microbiology, Engineering or similar related field
- 5 - 7 years working in a regulatory or quality role for a food manufacturer and/or consumer packaged goods (CPG) company
- Established connections with government agencies and industry groups
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Acute understanding of/and passion for food, quality, process, and procedures
- Emotionally intelligent and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
We were tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so we set out to create one that was natural. We're going places, and it's fun. We're just getting started.
Back to top