Field Marketing Activation Manager- Chicago
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient bar and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has positioned us for rapid growth beyond our origin in CrossFit.
The reason we’re hiring a Field Marketing Activation Manager is very simple: RXBAR needs your excitement and enthusiasm to help grow our brand. In this position, you’ll start cultivating the brand by sampling people who’ve never heard of RXBAR. You’ll unlock the passion and potential energy in the brand in your market. This could take place at a gym, a bicycling event, a 5k race or a transit hub, and it will follow your own personal lifestyle. You’ll grow a team to help you, and you’ll quickly elevate your activation to include much more than just sampling. Once you establish what’s working best, you’ll become the expert on your market and build a plan to deeply integrate with retailers, tastemakers, and the region.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
Live the brand. Evangelize a delicious new product with cache in everything you do. Oversee grassroots marketing initiatives in the market. Most activity will be centered on the metro area. Weekend work will be common, limited travel outside of the market is possible, but likely infrequent. Most importantly, you need to be able to break out of the box and drive a team to sample our product in ways that other companies haven’t considered.
- Event Sampling:
- Must be familiar with area events, and able to negotiate event sponsorship and participation
- Leverage external partners to truly “own” experiential marketing events, beyond just a tent, banners, and samples
- Guerilla Sampling:
- Sample at relevant business districts, recreation areas, and schools
- Evaluate success and reach of guerilla sampling efforts
- Turn random people into our biggest advocates!
- Team Management:
- Manage a pool of ~10 part-time staff of brand ambassadors
- Manage a fleet of 1-2 sampling vehicles
- Manage teams’ consumer interactions, training and retraining on message points
- Supervising, spot checking and recording (via photos or video) at events
- Recruiting, hiring, and training brand ambassadors
- Provide direct/indirect reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Sales and Retailer support:
- Assist with retail sampling/demos as required
- Perform routine maintenance on area accounts including store checks, light merchandising and POS refreshes
- Partner with regional sales team to report and explore retail opportunities
- Understand local retail landscape: key retailers, retailer partnerships, retail events, and promotional calendar
- Build local programing to support regional retailers as necessary
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook
- Build relationships with key influencers/opinion makers (athletes, bloggers, fitness experts, celebrities, etc.) so they can evangelize the brand within their social networks
- Manage and monitor local social media and provide RXBARS to local influencers
- Partner with the RXBAR Senior Partnership Manager who oversees relationships at the national level
- Be the face of the brand in your market with RXBAR influencers
- Manage monthly market budget
- Measuring marketing impact with weekly reports
- Collect and submit timesheets and update the budget accordingly
- Manage expenses and team expenses
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree with marketing emphasis preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in events and promotional work
- Consumer Package Goods experience highly desired
- Must have a deep understanding of the local market, an entrepreneurial spirt and have intense passion for what you will do; you know the movers and the shakers, know what’s cool, and are socially active in the city
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
We were tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so we set out to create one that was natural. We're going places, and it's fun. We're just getting started.
Back to top