Communications-Public Relations Intern
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Communications/Public Relations Intern:
Public Relations (PR) is one of the most important tools we have in our marketing arsenal. Our PR efforts have brought forth a ton of awareness to the brand, but we have only scratched the surface. The Communications/PR Intern will gain exposure to multiple facets of communications and PR with the end goal of promoting and raising awareness of the RXBAR brand.
The ideal candidate is well-organized, has a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit, as well as a strong intellectual curiosity and passion for building brands through PR and communications. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Create target influencer and media lists
- Conduct influencer outreach
- Monitor traditional media and social media influencers to track and report organic and proactive coverage
- Support development of creative campaigns
- Execute creative campaigns
- Create recap reports following campaigns
- Conduct award research and submissions
- Research and analyze industry trends
- Assist with sampling and seeding efforts
- Assist with ad hoc marketing projects
- Provide general office support
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently earning or completed Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, mass communications, journalism or related field
- Public Relations experience
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Proactive communication approach
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive hourly pay, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear, and an invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Midwest Direct Sales
Alex is focused on growing the RXBAR business directly by growing strategic retail partnerships and ensuring her customers are well taken care of.
Back to top