Category Analyst, Raw Materials
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Category Analyst, Raw Materials: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. Our explosive growth is propelled by cohesive planning and flawless execution. Our No B.S. bars are made up of simple, no B.S. ingredients and we believe managing our supplier relationships and raw materials is key to the organization’s long-term success.
Reporting to the Category Manager- Raw Materials, the Category Analyst, Raw Materials will support in development and execution of raw material category strategies to optimize value for the organization. The Category Analyst will support continuous supplier improvement and relationships with key category suppliers and business stakeholders. Additionally, the Category Analyst will work on cross-functional projects, drive operational efficiencies and generate value creation across the organization.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Support the end-to-end management of raw material categories, including the category sourcing plans, spend analytics, supplier evaluations & performance management, program management, market research, and various other strategic initiatives
- Provide commodity and industry knowledge to key stakeholders on market trends, suppliers, and raw material specifications
- Provide analytical support for negotiations and pricing agreements in alignment with category strategy
- Support supplier relationship management (including supplier performance and risk management) with RXBAR strategic partners; manage supplier scorecards on a continuous basis
- Collaborate with Quality, Research & Development, Finance, Customer Service and Logistics to ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured and considered in category strategies and for downstream planning & execution
- Support sourcing and RFP initiatives for raw materials
- Partner closely with RXBAR’s quality team and apply knowledge of regulatory & foods safety guidelines as they relate to each raw material requirement
- Act as liaison with suppliers to deliver operational efficiencies and cost reductions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or related field
- 3+ years’ experience across supply chain, with focus in purchasing, sourcing, operations, and contract negotiation
- Strong analytical, business process and problem-solving capabilities
- Deep understanding of category management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong understanding of consumer products and food manufacturing is desirable
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
We were tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so we set out to create one that was natural. We're going places, and it's fun. We're just getting started.
Back to top