Category Analyst, Packaging
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Category Analyst, Packaging: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. Our explosive growth is propelled by cohesive planning and flawless execution. Our No B.S. bars are made up of simple, no B.S. ingredients and we believe managing our packaging properly has a direct impact on the consumer and is key to the organization’s long-term success.
Reporting to the Packaging Category Manager the Category Analyst, Packaging will support in the purchasing of packaging, corrugate and displays for our growing brand. The Category Analyst will work with internal stakeholders to define packaging requirements while working with our suppliers to optimize our purchasing power. Additionally, the Category Analyst will support the Category Manager in analyzing market opportunities and improvement opportunities within the organization.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a procurement liaison to internal stakeholders to drive packaging initiatives; ensure stakeholder and supplier requirements are aligned
- Support the end-to-end management of packaging, corrugate and displays category including the category strategies, category sourcing plans, spend analytics, supplier evaluations & performance management, market research, and various other strategic initiatives
- Drive alignment among R&D, Quality, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain operations and third party stakeholders to define requirements for packaging, displays and marketing initiatives; identify operational efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities
- Provide commodity and industry knowledge to key stakeholders on market trends and suppliers
- Support the Category Manager in managing supplier relationships (including supplier performance and risk management) with key packaging and display strategic partners
- Support and develop relationships with Marketing, Finance, Logistics and Sales to ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured and considered in category strategies and for downstream planning & execution
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to optimize packaging spend and increase visibility into spend
- Support sourcing and RFP initiatives for packaging, corrugate and display categories
- Work with Category Manager and R&D on new product innovation to source, produce and deliver all packaging needs in line with the overall product/program strategy
- Partner closely with RXBAR’s quality team and apply knowledge of regulatory & foods safety guidelines as they relate to specific packaging requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or related field
- 3 years’ experience across supply chain, with focus in purchasing, sourcing, operations, and contract negotiation
- Strong analytical, business process and problem-solving capabilities
- Deep understanding of the packaging and corrugate market is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong understanding of consumer products and food manufacturing is desirable
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Co-Founder & CEO
Peter was tired of all the BS protein bars that were on the market, so he set out to create one that was natural.
Back to top