Trade Marketing Manager - National Programs
Summary: This is a key Marketing position for the development and distribution of marketing elements designed to drive the sell-in and sell-through of Rust-Oleum products. This role focuses on delivering and maintaining best in class consumer literature and point of sales merchandising elements. This role also supports all product platforms and new product launches with trade materials such as product catalogs, sells sheets and sales kits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of consumer and trade literature for specific channels of distribution as well as for use throughout the organization.
- Lead the development of point of purchase material, designed to engage the customer within the retail environment and drive sales of Rust-Oleum products. Collaborating with other Trade, Brand and Sales teams.
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing team, assisting in new product launches with the development of sales support materials such as sell sheets and sales kits.
- Management of inventories as it relates to point of purchase materials and literature developed by the team. Maintaining optimum inventories, as well as managing the disposal of old inventory.
- Management of team spending as it relates to the overall literature and merchandising budgets.
- Manage relationships with graphic design and production vendors ensuring they are delivering quality work delivered on time at the best cost.
- Ongoing development and management of a Retailer Support Site providing retail partners access to key marketing content.
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure order processing and timely payments to vendors.
- Ongoing management of the Rust-Oleum premiums on-line store, managing inventories, updating product mix and maintaining relationship with vendor.
- Train and mentor staff in current roles and work on development plans prepare them for for future potential roles within the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or business emphasis
- 5-10 years experience in Marketing and/or Sales related fields
- Experience with Consumer products
- Knowledge of the printing process and experience working with printers.
- Experience working with internal and outside creative design agencies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be creative, possess problem solving skills and able to make decisions
- Possesses good attention to detail
- Ability to perform financial analysis
- Work well with associates at all levels within the organization
- Shows flexibility as well as the prioritization and organizational skills needed to work accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Lotus Notes/Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel as required 3 to 4 times a year
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top