Trade Marketing Manager
Summary: Serve as the primary marketing contact for the Sales teams Area Managers within the Hardware and Paint channels for Rust-Oleum. Provide key communication elements as it relates to programs and promotions, new products, literature and merchandising. Drive sales through the development and execution of programs and promotions as well as the management of special pricing requests. Provide feedback and channel insights to each of the functional marketing areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the liaison between sales and marketing teams including Brand, Integrated Communications and Trade Marketing. Drive sales while facilitating Brand strategies within these channels of distribution.
- Be responsive to sales and customer trade marketing needs always maintaining high level of customer intimacy.
- Lead program and promotions development and management designed to drive sales and strengthen Rust-Oleum's market position.
- Lead idea generation and recommendations, identify sales opportunities and work with manager to execute.
- Manage and track special pricing requests.
- Develop and distribute of key Trade communication elements to sales and customers.
- Trade Show Support
- Manage, coordinate and maintain empty can program. Provide empty can assortment for used in trade shows, key meeting and other events.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or business emphasis.
- 5-10 years experience in Marketing and/or Sales related fields.
- Experience with Consumer products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be creative, possess problem solving skills.
- Possesses good attention to detail.
- Ability to perform financial analysis.
- Work well with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Shows flexibility as well as the prioritization and organizational skills needed to work accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Lotus Notes/Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top