- Vernon Hills, IL
Summary: Provides systems and hardware support as a member of the client services group (help desk), and work on occasional projects as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for computer, network and software related support and problem analysis including maintenance and support of system hardware or software. Monitor application health, including production and ancillary systems on server and non-server based systems.
- Resolution, ownership and escalation of associated application issues.
- Keep up to date on current technology trends and learn how those technologies would impact Rust-Oleum. Implement such technologies to improve business processes.
- Identify user needs and act as customer advocate to ensure the desktop maintains high performance and ease of use.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Manage and deploy software, security updates, and operating systems.
- 4-5 years experience in an IT department performing system support activities for local and remote users.
- Strong skills with Microsoft desktop products, HP Desktop Hardware, MS Office Suite, systems support, installation and configuration of hardware, OS and software at the desktop and server level including performance, security and troubleshooting.
- Good practical and theoretical understanding and working knowledge of networking hardware and protocols, switches and cabling.
- Excellent customer focus, excellent communicator and an ability to explain complex technologies to non- technical people. Innate curiosity and attention to detail. Positive attitude, good people skills, and a drive for customer satisfaction.
- Excellent research and communication skills.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, basic tool use.
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top