Sales and Merchandising Representative
Summary: Focus will be to build and maintain strong working relationships with store personnel and management and to drive sales through in store demonstrations.
- Build strong relationships by working with home center teams and district management by acting as the principal point of contact for Rust-Oleum Brands in assigned region.
- Act as brand ambassador for Rust-Oleum and be able to address all product and brand specific questions from consumers or store staff. Provide product knowledge by preparing and conducting trainings for store service teams, district events, and contractor events.
- Deliver the highest quality of store service and exceptional product representation by conducting store visits in assigned region to ensure plan-o-gram integrity, proper promotional placement, adequate POP, proper inventory levels, and effective down stocking.
- Showcase and promote featured Rust-Oleum products in stores to allow consumers to view and demonstrate various products. Provide the detailed benefits of the products in a clear and succinct manner. Provide store assistance with handling any customer issues. This includes visiting locations with store management to help with resolution.
- Conduct special projects and offer outstanding service levels by being able to adapt scheduling to assist with any store tasks that require immediate attention.
- Experience in retail merchandising, product promotions and/or product demonstration.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree and/or 1-2 years of experience.
- Able to connect quickly with a wide variety of people, and communicate in a style that is likable, relatable, and persuasive.
- Enthusiastic and energetic!
- Able to keep demonstrations consistent, but also fresh and engaging.
- Ability and willingness to travel, drive, and engage in considerable physical activity. You must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lift and move products, and use products as appropriate for the demonstration.
- Great organizational ability, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently and without immediate supervision.
- Good energy level, patience and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and personalities.
- Ability to work a Tuesday - Saturday work week
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top