Summary: Sell Rust-Oleum Roof Coatings to and through our distributor network as well as provide localized technical support. Also work closely with contractors, focused on the roof coatings line, to ensure that Rust-Oleum and the contractor are providing the best solutions, the best products and the best installations to our customers. Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of our distributor network as sellers of the Rust-Oleum Roof Coating line. Cultivate relationship and encourage contractors to purchase Rust-Oleum Roof Coatings through our distributor network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures safe execution and delivery of all roofing services and operations.
- Provides a variety of technical training sessions in the contractor's office and field applications.
- Provide hands on application training and supervision of roof coatings and installation.
- Performs roof inspections and generates written reports on condition analysis, photo documentation, recommendation and material budget estimates.
- Communicates professionally with our customers, distributors, Rust-Oleum sales representatives, national account executives and corporate staff.
- Completes weekly/monthly reports, sales activities and proposals.
- Conducts Pre-project field inspections and technical support including but not limited to:
- Peel tests
- Product recommendations
- Proper product installation
- Product diagnostic support to ensure proper selection and product usage.
- Provides an on-going sales support, training and development to contractors.
- Function as a direct line of contact to the contractors & distributors, in the designated area, to ensure a consistent working relationship with the existing contractor base, keeping them informed and trained on Rust-Oleum's product line, new products introduced and where to buy.
- Develops new contractors in the area by training on product systems and their usage.
- Develops and grows distributor relationships to sell the Rust-Oleum Roof Coatings program.
- Travel within the assigned territory and complete expense reports on a timely basis.
- High School diploma or GED; Associate's degree (AAS), or Trade School Certification, or Bachelor's Degree (BS) preferred
- 5+ years experience in roofing sales or technical experience in the commercial market
- 2+ years experience in the field of roofing repair, troubleshooting, or field service
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) an added plus
- Working knowledge of roofing coating systems
- Must have a valid drivers' license, an acceptable motor vehicle record and Class B CDL drivers license
- Strong roofing or building science mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience in a field sales and service leadership role
- Practical computer application literacy
- In-depth technical understanding and extensive hands-on knowledge of applications of products.
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Overnight travel of up to 25% to support assigned customer accounts
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top