Summary: Provides regulatory support to the Consumer Business Group (CBG). Works with CBG marketing managers to advise on regulatory matters throughout a product's lifecycle - from laboratory formulation, to development, to packaging design, to the retail shelves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Authors safety data sheets
- Reviews labels for compliance with Federal Hazardous Substance Act labeling requirements
- Tracks and communicates regulatory changes that have the potential to impact CBG
- Contributes to improvement of various regulatory processes
- Supports general internal and external inquiries - provides transportation classifications, answers mailbox questions, etc.
- Provides regulatory guidance during product development via the Product Commercialization System and Product to Market meetings
- Incumbent will communicate with CBG marketing staff on a daily basis to answer regulatory questions and provide guidance on development projects. Incumbent will also interact with trace associations and government agencies.
- Establish cross functional teams with senior staff in other areas to improve such processes as formula change management, product label development, TSCA import/export tracking and reporting, etc. Identify problems, but also taking independent action to correct them.
- Incumbent will be working directly with and providing regulatory guidance to marketing, sales, transportation, and purchasing staff.
- Identify needed improvements in programs and processes and then proposing and ultimately implementing the decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific area
- 5-10 years regulatory experience in chemical manufacturing companies - strong preference for previous regulatory experience in paint and coatings industry
- Familiarity with the following regulations/programs: TSCA, FIFRA, GHS, FHSA, VOC regulations (South Coast, CARB, OTC, LADCO), transportation regulations (PHMSA, IMDG, IATA).
- Knowledge of international chemical regulations a plus
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Able to take responsibility for areas/programs outside their expertise.
- Willingness to learn and pitch in and a can-do attitude are critical to success in this position.
- Skill with normal office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience with regulatory and business software. Product Vision and SAP experience is preferred but not required.
- Travel up to 10%
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
As the President of the company, Edward Vorhees manages a direct staff which includes the CFO as well as Vice Presidents in the functional areas of Sales, Marketing, Distribution, R&D, Supply Chain, M&A and Human Resources.
Back to top