Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for the position of Quality Control Manager at the production plant in Attleboro, MA. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for assuring consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice (GAMP) systems, validating processes, providing documentation, and managing staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and complete action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements, implementing change.
- Accomplish quality assurance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions, enforce policies and procedures.
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, and monitoring procedures, corrective actions, verification procedures, and inventories.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, and writing & updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigate customer complaints; collaborate with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, as well as manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management, participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Business Management.
- 7-10 years of management experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Ability to supervise/manage diverse group of associates and managers.
- Significant experience with quality programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities, and multitask.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
113 Olive St. Attleboro, MA 02703
See Inside the Office of Rust-Oleum
When sea captain Robert Fergusson accidentally spilled raw fish oil on his rusty metal boat deck, he discovered the anti-corrosive properties the oil offered. In that moment, the original idea for Rust-Oleum was born. Today, the company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of protective paint and coatings for both residential and commercial projects.
Back to top