Quality Control Technician
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Technician at its production facility in Hagerstown, MD. The primary result expected from the Quality Control Technician will be to assure product quality by preparing samples, conducting quality control inspection and testing of components, dispersions, and finished goods, determining adjustments for batches that do not conform to requirements, documenting inspections, and insuring calibration of testing equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform testing of production batches, incoming raw materials, finished goods, and components to determine conformance to specifications.
- Judge as "fit for release" production batches, incoming raw materials, finished goods, and components that are in conformance to all specifications and visually acceptable.
- Determine and communicate batch adjustments for any batches that do not conform to requirements, utilizing batch history, adjustment guidelines, and consultation with the Senior QC Technician, Assistant Supervisor, or QC Manager.
- Perform validation testing during filling to insure integrity of finished goods, including labeling, packaging, and fill weights.
- Communicate current status of inspections to Senior Technicians, Assistant Supervisor, or QC Manager.
- Communicate issues with work instructions and procedures to Senior Technicians, Assistant Supervisor, or QC Manager.
- Document inspection results.
- 1-3 years of production/manufacturing/quality control experience preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associate's or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Some background in physical sciences and algebra
- Ability to accurately read and enter computer data through a variety of tests
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office applications
- Experience in SAP recommended but not required
Williamsport, Maryland, United States
16410 Industrial Ln., Williamsport, MD 21795
Back to top