Project Manager - Temporary
Project Manager, Rust-Oleum Cares
Giving back to the communities where our employees live and serve is an important part of our Rust-Oleum culture and this position plays a critical role in helping us do that! Rust-Oleum Cares program leverages all of our company's unique assets for social good through philanthropy, volunteerism, employee giving, and in-kind product donations.
Up until now, we have been managing the program manually via email, Excel, and paper forms. We have since purchased a technology platform called Profits4Purpose to help us streamline our current processes and grow current employee participation rates. We are looking for a passionate individual with experience in implementing and executing technology platform rollouts to help us launch Profits4Puprose.
This role is a full-time, temporary position and based in Vernon Hills, IL. Qualified candidates interested in launching Rust-Oleum's new community impact technology platform should submit a cover letter and resume when applying for the position.
- Coordinating internal resources, teams, and third party partner (Profits4Purpose) for the flawless execution of the project.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Seed new platform with content including writing stories, comments, uploading videos/images, etc
- User acceptance testing and bug reporting.
- Create email templates.
- Manage the relationship with our platform partner (Profits4Purpose) and all stakeholders.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in managing and executing internal technology projects.
- Minimum 2 years of professional writing experience, content creation, and/or editing.
- Demonstrates strong program management skills.
- A demonstrated ability and interest in working independently covering a wide range of tasks and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead initiatives and teams.
- Attention to detail
- A creative problem solver who understands how to be scrappy with resources.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- A passion for working constructively and effectively as part of a team
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top