Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees.
Rust-Oleum is currently seeking a Production Supervisor - 1st Shift to join our manufacturing facility in Somerset, NJ.
- Ensure schedule adherence and quality standards are met.
- Provide direction to associates in Production Dept.
- Maintain employee records, Kronos/Payroll, corrective action, warnings, etc.
- Adhere to company policies, Federal, State Local requirement and ISO Standards.
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform routine inspection on all production activities assuring that quality standards are met.
- Document training of all associates on new procedures and equipment. Keep employees trained and well informed on new processes.
- Work with Maintenance Manager and Mechanics on all equipment problems, change-overs and issues concerning safety in all departments.
- Oversee 3rd shift clean up tasks, communicate safety and processing concerns as well as issues with regulatory compliance.
- Communicate results/ concerns/ issues with Managers, Purchasing and Production Scheduler.
- Ensure shift to shift hand-off is completed and problems are addressed via email to Production Manager and other shifts.
- Accomplish related results as assigned.
- Associate degree required; BS in an Engineering or Business discipline strongly preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; preferably in chemical/paint manufacturing.
- A proven change agent with demonstrated ability to supervise and lead a diverse group of associates.
- Train and Coordinate teams to achieve high levels of productivity, quality and safety performance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office packages, SAP experience preferred.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities and multitask.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations, BRI, 5S Housekeeping and Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
Somerset, New Jersey, United States
173 Belmont Dr., Somerset, NJ 08873
Back to top