Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Production operator is to produce duties as needed in the production of material
- Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Monitor machinery used in the production process and assist machine operators.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards, BOM, and test.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using non-motorized equipment.
- Stop machines when malfunctions occur, clear jams, and report unresolved malfunctions to a machine operator, lead, maintenance, and then management.
- Secure finished packaged items by gluing, stapling, wrapping, taping, or attaching fastener.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Load and unload materials, product, or packaging from machines, containers, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Help team members by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Perform TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) per requirements. May require recording information such as weight, count, time, scrap and date packaged.
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels to ensure all shifts requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of production experience
- Communicate with Supervisors, peers, or subordinates: provide information to supervisors and co-workers in written form or in person.
- Maintain a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Learn all manual tasks performed within the department.
- Perform tasks assigned using specific operating procedures, and following department specific quality control processes and procedures.
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
- Conduct all business with integrity.
- Adhere to Rust-Oleum Corporation Quality principles and participate in all departmental and company-wide Quality activities.
Follow all safety procedures and company policies
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top