Summary: The primary result expected from the Production Manager will be to supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine operators, assemblers, and plant operators.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary result expected from the Production Manager will be to supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine operators, assemblers, and plant operators. Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution, and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years prior production and or plant manger experience
- Expertise in lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top