Summary: Provides Process Engineering support within Operations. This includes executing engineering projects for increasing production and providing long range technical planning and strategies for the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project execution including process improvements utilizing existing equipment and/or selection, justification, CAR processing, purchasing, and installation of new equipment. Support efforts including in person training and documentation.
- Perform testing and judge as "fit for release" of production batches, incoming raw materials, finished goods, and components to determine conformance to specifications.
Assist in product R&D as needed to improve and/or develop product formulations and processing.
Advise and influence plant management on modifications to systems and procedures that will improve process control or product characteristics in line with customer (internal or external) fitness-for-use.
- Determine design and recommending changes to implementing manufacturing systems that will increase productivity, for machine, human interaction, method/process, raw material & environmental variability. Design to incorporate Lean principles to improve reliability, ease of use & maintenance, minimize changeover times, and to minimize production losses.
- Provide cross functional project management across key areas of manufacturing.
- Manage projects through a review process from project scope charters through successful startup transition to the local site team. This includes working with the plant operational teams on providing training, writing appropriate standard operating procedures, and maintenance of training plans.
- Apply the Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations to day to day operations. This includes writing appropriate procedures, conducting Change Management paperwork, knowing and applying Federal and State guidelines.
- Frequent interface with plant personnel, operators, coordinators, and maintenance personnel
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred. Industrial and Electrical Engineers with hands-on mechanical & chemical experience will also be considered.
- 1-3 years of engineering job experience.
- Good process management, written and verbal communication skills are required along with a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, in project and people management in a continuous improvement environment in the areas of production, safety, quality and Lean manufacturing principles.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO THOSE WITH:
Exposure to quality programs (ISO 9001).
Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience.
Experience with a continuous process disciplines such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
Process Safety Management (PSM) experience.
Waupun, Wisconsin, United States
1200 Storbeck Dr., Waupun, WI 53963
Back to top