Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a position of Paintmaker in our Milling & Shading department. The Paintmaker assures product quality by setting up, operating, or tending machines to mix or blend materials, such as solvents, resins, pigments, latex, and other chemical additives in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner to ultimately provide paint to the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using machinery.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil, or rustproofing materials.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure, and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Prior paint manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Previous experience with safety programs
Williamsport, Maryland, United States
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
As the President of the company, Edward Vorhees manages a direct staff which includes the CFO as well as Vice Presidents in the functional areas of Sales, Marketing, Distribution, R&D, Supply Chain, M&A and Human Resources.
Back to top