Order Entry Rep
- Vernon Hills, IL
Summary: Serves customer by entering customer and sales representative orders into system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Edit orders received by fax, email, telephone or mail to identify ship to/sold to number and customer instructions prior to entry
- Enter manual orders into SAP system within 24 hours of receipt.
- Respond to requests: identifying discrepancies or problems related to orders.
- Provide appropriate pricing or customer service rep documents needed for correction.
- Obtain customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Prepare invoices, shipping documents, and contracts.
- Inform customers by mail or telephone of order information, such as unit prices, shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Direct specified departments or units to prepare and ship orders to designated locations.
- Check inventory records to determine availability of requested merchandise.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
- Attempt to sell additional merchandise or services to prospective or current customers by telephone or through visits.
- File copies of orders received, or post orders on records.
- High school diploma or GED
- 10 Key Experience
- Prior order entry/customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload/Sense of urgency
- Basic understanding of Excel and Word
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Teamwork: Must be able to work well with others/good team player
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top