- Pleasant Prairie, WI
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a night shift Mechanic/Operator at its production facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The Mechanic/Operator is responsible for both the maintenance and operation of filling and packaging equipment. Additionally provide assistance and support to the Maintenance Mechanic in making repairs throughout the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is to operate the filling line to meet the production schedule. Secondarily, the employee will be required to change over and repair line equipment as needed.
- Restock supplies and components on filling line as needed to support production.
- Perform quality checks and inspections as necessary.
- Document various production data; including downtime, production rate, and issues.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspecting drives, motors, and belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or performing other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair: wiring, piping, machinery, and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determining how to correct them, utilizing repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of industrial experience.
- Experience with filling and packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to read and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to do basic math and enter computer data.
- Ability to coordinate with the work of others and solve problems in a team environment.
- Active participation in our Continuous Improvement Process.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs.
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience.
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with safety programs.
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
8105 95th St., Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Back to top