Material Handling Crew Leader - Night Shift
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a night-shift Material Handling Crew Leader position at its production facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The primary function of the Material Handling Crew Leader is to ensure the timely and accurate completion of distribution center shift functions by directing and coordinating the daily activities of the Material Handlers under the guidance of the shift supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the shipping or receiving of goods, such as forklift operation.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, jeeps, and other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
- High school diploma
- 2-5 years of experience with material handling in a shipping and warehousing environment
- Prior leadership and/or paint manufacturing experience is highly preferred but not required
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel, SAP, and email
- Ability to work well with other peer groups
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top