- Vernon Hills, IL
Jump start your career at Rust-Oleum! We have an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate with 1-2 years of experience as a Marketing Specialist in our Brand Marketing Group. In this role, you will execute the marketing activities for your assigned product platform including long and short-term strategies, marketing plans, new products, and packaging which drive our revenue, market share and profit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the brand manager and director with the implementation of brand strategy and assist on specific tasks relating to the day-to-day operation of assigned brands.
- Develop situation analysis on market and competitive activity including implications and recommendations.
- Support new product development process from ideation to launch; lead and/or support new product commercialization team.
- Help coordinate consumer insights and new product ideation.
- Support key meeting deliverables for customer line-reviews and internal sales presentations.
- Execute packaging initiatives including graphic and structural design.
- Support development of consumer communications and trade marketing elements including advertising, public relations, brochures, in-store POP, etc.
- Support product education within the organization, including developing webinars, sell stories, and product knowledge sessions.
- Four-year Marketing or Communication degree
- 1-2 years of brand/product management experience in consumer/industrial packaged goods industry.
- New product development experience strongly preferred.
- Exhibit understanding of independent paint/hardware and distribution business models.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of professional end-user product requirements and buying patterns.
- Ability and desire to understand and clearly communicate technical features and benefits related to the brands.
- Exhibit understanding of the product commercialization process and documentation and information sharing needs and protocols.
- Must be an active listener, a critical thinker and a problem solver.
- Must be able to work well on cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, Sales, Research & Development, Customer Service, etc.
- Strong communication skills including ability to deliver professional written and oral presentations.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Travel is approximately 5% annually for sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top