Maintenance Mechanic- Night Shift
Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic are to maintain and repair plant equipment to ensure safe and reliable operations while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment including: pumps, motors, filling and packaging equipment, conveyors, palletizers, piping, valves, tanks, agitators, drives, gearboxes, and utilities.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements as well as to ensure equipment reliability.
- Work with filling line operators to efficiently change over line equipment for different label, container, and packaging sizes.
- Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) on the filling lines by Pareto analysis of OEE data and implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools to reduce downtime.
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repairs to have minimum interference with operations. Troubleshoot/repair equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Comply with company safety rules and procedures. Complete daily and shift clean up tasks.
- Communicate results/ concerns/ issues with supervisor and co-workers. Ensure shift to shift hand-off is complete.
- Support and complete small capital projects.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience in manufacturing environment; preferably in chemical/paint manufacturing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have expertise in packaging equipment, plumbing, and pipefitting, with skills in electrical work and instrument calibration considered a definite plus
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex packaging and material-handling equipment is required
- Ability to do basic math.
- Accurately enter and retrieve computer data.
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Active participation in our Continuous Improvement Process.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top