Summary: The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair basic and non-complex machinery, equipment and/or facility structure and grounds items, and perform material handling as assigned by visually inspecting, testing, and troubleshooting non-complex machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions and diagnose repair problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor machinery used in the production process and report if preventive maintenance is due or discuss machine operation variation with other maintenance team members to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Dismantle defective machines or equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Assist in the start-up of production equipment prior to beginning of work shift or with newly installed equipment.
- Stop machines when malfunctions occur, clear jams, and report unresolved malfunctions to management.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, tasks and repairs for production equipment and facility(s) structure(s).
- Perform safety related inspections following associated regulatory and equipment guidelines.
- Load and unload materials, product, or packaging from machines, containers, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Transport and pick up parts or equipment using company provided vehicle.
- Perform TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) per requirements. May require recording and maintaining information such as grounding resistance readings, spill control cabinet inventory, inspection checklists, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience repairing electric motors and mixing equipment; specifically belts, pulleys, bearings, and DC motors.
- Experience in basic electrical troubleshooting; 2-5 years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as coverage needs require, ability to work overtime.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures.
- Good communications skills and mathematical aptitude.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Previous experience with safety programs
North St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
2271 2nd St. N, North St. Paul, MN 55109
See Inside the Office of Rust-Oleum
When sea captain Robert Fergusson accidentally spilled raw fish oil on his rusty metal boat deck, he discovered the anti-corrosive properties the oil offered. In that moment, the original idea for Rust-Oleum was born. Today, the company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of protective paint and coatings for both residential and commercial projects.
Back to top