- Vernon Hills, IL
As part of our Forecasting team, your focus will be to ensure proper inventory levels at each of our 5 distribution centers to maximize customer service levels while minimizing inventory investment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze current inventory levels at distribution centers and plants, identify deficiencies and inefficiencies, make corrections (Stock Transport Orders (STO)), recommendations, and update appropriate parties.
- Review production schedules, open purchase orders, and process orders to determine actions to take to improve service and balance inventory.
- Maintain inventory at distribution centers to maximize service level and achieve a 98.5% Customer Service Level.
- Communicate with distribution centers and plants to ensure shipments are leaving, arriving, and being unloaded in a timely manner.
- Communicate on any items that will cause a major impact on customer service.
- Determine if shipments should move via Rail or Over the Road to maintain service while reducing transportation costs.
- Work with customer service, distribution centers, and plants. Plan on a regular basis in order to ensure that communication is smooth and flows up and downstream.
- Review open STOs to ensure that they are not past due.
- Create reports as necessary to track STOs, measure in-transit times, and any other metrics that are currently in place.
- BS/BA Degree and/or APICS certification desired.
- 1 to 3 years experience in inventory analysis and planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of materials requirements planning systems (MRP), SAP experience desired.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Exhibits pride in getting the job done right the first time.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify root cause problems and recommend effective solutions.
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top