International Financial Analyst
Summary: Analyze financial activities for Rust-Oleum's International Business Group (IBU) by providing strategic, forward looking analysis and leadership as a key member of the IBU management team, evaluating and upgrading reporting and operating controls, ensuring compliance, and providing recommendations to develop strategies for improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages month-end close by preparing journal entries, verifying elimination and consolidation entries, and reviewing/analyzing results. Provides commentary on monthly, quarterly, and annual result.
- Provides direction to IBU local management teams on an ongoing basis related to all financial aspects - P&L, Balance Sheet, Working Capital and Cash Flow.
- Delivers financial reports by preparing management, legal, and cost center statements in accordance with month-end closing schedule.
- Forecasts IBU financial performance including weekly sales and OI forecasts by entity, YTG sales and OI forecasts by entity, and other ad hoc requests.
- Analyzes and recommends opportunities for business development and improved profitability.
- Manages the annual planning process for all IBU entities.
- Participates in quarterly/annual audits and participates in new acquisition due diligence processes.
- Analyze financial results, product/customer margins, and business development opportunities in order to provide summaries and recommendations for key business decisions.
- Implement internal controls at IBU locations to ensure compliance and reduce financial statement risk.
- Develop new reports and/or update existing reports and processes to provide more accurate and timely analysis of entity's financial statements.
- Manage system implementations and ensure processes and procedures are created and followed to ensure compliance to both US GAAP and local tax and legal regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA desired.
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, fluent in English and Spanish desired.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and previous SAP and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Ability to manage world-wide financial projects and deadlines.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top