Financial Analyst - Accounting
Summary: This position will support rapidly growing Rust-Oleum business groups by providing timely, accurate and useful financial information necessary for decision making.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the month-end close process to assure financial statements are issued accurately and timely.
- Prepare and issue monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages to leaders of the business group.
- Provide financial support on business propositions such as new products and cost saving initiatives, as well as, prepare margin analysis and customer profitability.
- Ensure annual budget submissions are complete and in accordance with approved budgeting guidelines.
- Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations which would include a working knowledge of all balances and manage accruals and prepaid balances for customer programs.
- Assess and recommend accounting controls and resolve procedural problems/issues.
- Prepare appropriate internal audit and quarterly external audit client assistance items. Also, update and document appropriate SOX procedures.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Work closely with Rust-Oleum's Industrial Business Group, including VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, various Sales and Marketing Directors and all other levels of the organization.
- Complete special projects/financial analysis for the business group involving margin analysis, new products, licensing agreements, business plans, quarterly outlooks, budgets, cross functional teams and customer relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. MBA, CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience.
- Prefer experience with SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), Excel and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to drive results through effective team and individual performance.
- Outstanding leadership, organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail combined with ability to multi-task.
- Results oriented.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top