Filler/Helper - Night Shift
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has immediate openings for a night-shift Filler/Helper at its production facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The Filler/Helper is responsible for operating, setting up, changing over, assisting, or tending to machines in order to package paint in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Tend to or operate machines that package product.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Secure finished packaged items by hand tying, sewing, gluing, stapling, or attaching fastener.
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation, and replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Clean and remove damaged or otherwise inferior materials to prepare raw products for processing.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 1 or more years experience of industry-related work preferred but not required
- Ability to accurately read and enter computer data
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to consistently lift 75 pounds
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with safety programs
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top