Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a day-shift position of Electrician I at its production plant in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The Electrician I is responsible for planning, coordinating, and testing the installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for industrial or laboratory use. This will be accomplished by installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. The Electrician I also ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes, and he or she may install or service lighting, communication/ computer systems, or electrical control systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Required current license as an electrician
- 5 or more years experience of industry-related electrical work required
- Experience in Controls recommended but not required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with safety programs
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top