Summary: The Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager has the responsibility for reviewing, evaluating, and analyzing the work environment and for designing programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Integrates environmental, health and safety (EHS) management systems with engineering and program documentation, and schedules to maintain regulatory compliance and safe operating conditions.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations, corporate mandated policies, and procedures in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Coordinates EHS related activities with the operations manager. Tracks and regularly reports the status of regulatory compliance and improvement initiatives to the operations manager.
- Will be the primary contact for plant-related EHS issues. Assists plant leadership and staff in understanding EHS regulations and standards, including guidance on handling EHS compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Advises product and process engineers and leads to incorporate environmental health and safety principles and concepts to prevent workplace, operational hazards and environmental impacts.
- Administers facility and distribution center DOT Hazardous Materials program.
- Maintains the facility EHS compliance records. Review Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact EHS-related compliance.
- Manages OSHA compliance activities for general industry, including program evaluation and development, training, process safety management, BRI safety processes, and emergency response training.
- Reduces liability within the facility and ensure all safety and environmental recommendations are completed and documented.
- Compiles process safety information for each covered process and keep readily accessible to process employees and management as well as updated on an annual basis.
- Functions as the contractor-plant representative to assure compliance of all EHS requirements from contractors.
- Completes surveys, audits, loss control inspections, contractor safety reviews.
- Manages JSA/JHA, PHA, PPE, and near-miss, incident, and accident investigation programs.
- Performs plant audits and internal inspections to assess OSHA and environmental compliance.
- Investigates all EHS compliance issues with line supervision and staff findings and recommendations to plant manager. Guides and assists plant with resolution of environmental, safety and health issues.
- Manages monthly Safety Steering Committee and Supervisors safety meetings to improve plant safety.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
- EHS-related certification(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations including air programs, hazardous waste management, hazardous material management, TSCA, stormwater, OSHA general industry, DOT requirements.
- 3+ years of environmental health and safety experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel within U.S. required.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
10301 Xylon Ave. N Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Back to top