Summary: Analyze material requirements, previous purchases and forecast reports to determine the needs of a fast past organization. Use the current optimization process to procure finished goods, raw materials and components for use in paint or paint related materials. Assist Purchasing Manager by facilitating working sessions to accomplish department goals and training initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and purchase finished goods, raw materials, and components by analyzing MRP and forecast reports to determine optimal order quantity and date required.
- Review daily exception messages generated by MRP system and maintain the optimization process for all finished goods, raw materials, and components with respective MRP group.
- Maintain vendor relationships by following up on delivery dates, reconciling invoicing issues, and dealing with quality issues.
- Support product-to-market process by working with Sourcing, Marketing, Finance, as well as external vendors to ensure on-time launch of new products. Such tasks include set-up of artwork, bills of material, information records, source lists, and costing.
- Analyze subcontract purchase price variance (PPV) by running PPV report and reporting on favorable/unfavorable PPV. Meet quarterly sub-PPV targets set by Purchasing Manager. Fix costing & bill of material errors identified in analysis process.
- Conduct vendor physical inventories by meeting schedule set by Purchasing Manager. Obtain counts from vendors, create spreadsheets to analyze, and perform SAP transaction to reconcile counts
- Bachelor's degree required as well as 1-3 years experience in a planning/purchasing role
- APICS certification desired.
- Knowledge of materials requirements planning systems(MRP)
- SAP experience strongly desired
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top