Blending Operator - 3rd Shift
***PAY STARTING AT $17.89 PER HOUR.
Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a 3rd shift position of Blending Operator in our Milling & Shading department at our facility in Lesage, WV. The Blending Operator assures product quality by setting up, operating, or tending machines to mix or blend materials, such as solvents, resins, pigments, latex, and other chemical additives in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner to ultimately provide paint to the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using machinery.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil, or rustproofing materials.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure, and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing/chemical processing environment.
- Prior paint manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well with other peer groups.
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Exposure to quality programs
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience
- Previous experience with safety programs
Lesage, West Virginia, United States
7850 Ohio River Rd., Lesage, WV 25537
See Inside the Office of Rust-Oleum
When sea captain Robert Fergusson accidentally spilled raw fish oil on his rusty metal boat deck, he discovered the anti-corrosive properties the oil offered. In that moment, the original idea for Rust-Oleum was born. Today, the company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of protective paint and coatings for both residential and commercial projects.
Back to top