For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees. Rust-Oleum is currently seeking a Batchmaker - 1st Shift, to join our manufacturing facility in Newark, NJ.
- Stages and charges necessary raw materials into process flow tanks. Follows batch work instructions in order to manufacture quality products.
- Prepares disperser and letdown tank for production, including any necessary equipment clean up.
- Monitors and controls high speed disperser, mixer, pumps,flow meters and other instruments in order to make sure that a batch is produced according to work instructions.
- Adjust a batch, under QC guidance, until it is approved.
- Get batch tickets from floor supervisor and discuss with floor supervisor the best order. Determine raw materials needed.
- Housekeeping - Cleanup work area to 5S standards, take out trash, participate in cycle count and inventory program.
- May assist in other departments such as filling, and material handling or help make sample batches
- Ensure work area is safe, clean and free of recognizable hazards, communicating all spills or other hazards to the shift supervisor
- Responsible for Dust collector clean outs when required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of production experience
- Able to read batch tickets and prepare labels for products; basic math
- Able to operate high speed dispersers, operate XL material handler, lift 25-100 pounds and read digital scales and dial volumetric meters.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top