Summary: The Automation/Controls Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and integrating a wide variety of automation and control systems.
- Assess current state of manufacturing equipment and systems and drive future state vision of standardized manufacturing controls hardware and software
- Lead, qualify, and implement automated equipment design projects focused on improving compliance with industry best practices for machine safety & ergonomics as well as efficiency / product yields.
- Using a comprehensive knowledge of PLC and HMI programming and system integration, designs and installs mechanical and electrical control systems in the automation of production machinery
- Interprets programs and logic diagrams in the construction of new automation and specialized machinery
- Utilizes knowledge of machine safety devices, such as light curtains, safety floor mats, anti-tie down machine activation, and fixed machine guarding used in an interlocked non-defeatable manner in the design of new automation for production equipment ensuring all machinery is operated in a safe manner
- Prepares machine/automation development plans, works breakdown structure and schedules; updates project status to leadership as required
- Assists maintenance department as needed, including technical assistance, maintenance duties, and training
- Assists management in the justification of new automation and controls by estimating costs and potential cost reductions such areas as improved run rates, yields or labor costs
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot equipment, validating control systems to ensure operational reliability
- Works with internal and external customers to expedite materials and parts for improvements as needed.
- Helps train and instruct production operators in the use of new and current automation as needed
- Bachelors' degree in Electronics or related field and 5 year's automation experience OR minimum 10 years related work experience
- Demonstrated track record in technical leadership, setting technical direction and leading technical scope development
- Extensive understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Ability to read and understand P&ID's
- PLC programming and troubleshooting on multiple PLC platforms and the programming/ troubleshooting of robotics, motion control, HMI and other programmable control systems required.
- Allen Bradley PLC Programming experience required.
- Experience in reading, modifying and creating drawings utilizing AutoCAD software required
- Technical knowledge in machine function, processes, control system, CNC, PLC, servo and stepper motor drives and electrical and electronic systems
- Technical knowledge of industrial networking protocols such as Ethernet IP, etc.
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
8105 95th St., Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
See Inside the Office of Rust-Oleum
When sea captain Robert Fergusson accidentally spilled raw fish oil on his rusty metal boat deck, he discovered the anti-corrosive properties the oil offered. In that moment, the original idea for Rust-Oleum was born. Today, the company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of protective paint and coatings for both residential and commercial projects.
Back to top