Associate Brand Manager, Cleaners
Summary: Execute the marketing activities for the product category/brand within the Cleaners platform. Execute long and short-term strategies, marketing plans, new products, and packaging that will drive revenue, share and profit growth for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Director with the development and implementation of brand strategy; assist on specific tasks relating to the day-to-day operation of assigned brands.
- Develop situation analysis on market and competitive activity including implications and recommendations.
- Lead and/or support new product development process from ideation to launch; lead and/or support new product commercialization team.
- Help coordinate consumer insights and new product ideation.
- Support key meeting deliverables for customer line-reviews and internal sales presentations.
- Execute packaging initiatives including graphic and structural design.
- Support development of consumer communications and trade marketing elements including advertising, public relations, brochures, in-store POP, etc.
- Track and monitor brand performance, including POS reports, profitability, distribution, and consumer feedback.
- Support product education within the organization, including developing webinars, sell stories, and product knowledge sessions.
- Four-year Marketing degree.
- 3+ years of brand/product management experience in consumer packaged goods industry.
- New product development experience strongly preferred.
- While not required, candidates with a background in Cleaners and/or grocery will be preferred.
- Exhibit understanding of retail, independent paint/hardware and distribution business models.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of DIY and professional end-user product requirements and buying patterns. DIY or related experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to understand and clearly communicate technical features and benefits related to the brands.
- Exhibit understanding of the product commercialization process and documentation and information sharing needs and protocols.
- Must be an active listener, a critical thinker and a problem solver.
- Must be able to work well on cross-functional teams including Operations, Finance, Sales, Research & Development, Customer Service, etc.
- Strong communication skills including ability to deliver professional written and oral presentations.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Travel is approximately 5% annually for customer presentations, trade shows, etc.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top