Assistant Supervisor - 1st Shift
For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees. Rust-Oleum is currently seeking an Assistant Supervisor of Production to join our manufacturing facility in Lesage, WV.
The primary result expected from the Assistant Supervisor of Production will be to supervise the department to ensure the manufacturing of paint and related products by directing and coordinating the daily activities under the guidance of the shift supervisor, executing the shift production work schedule as dictated via the production plan, and maintaining a safe, efficient, and organized working environment while providing training requirements and leadership/guidance to all department shift personnel.
- Oversee tasks associated with batch making, maintenance, quality and filling to ensure production runs safely and efficiently.
- Organize and execute associate work schedule to meet production plan.
- Follow SAP and ISO9001 procedures to ensure quality.
- Meet or exceed internal and external customer quality expectations and performance measurements.
- Performs quality and productivity checks before, during and after the shifts.
- Ensure smooth transition (startup and end) across shifts.
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment and process malfunctions.
- Reviews data entry of production records to ensure accuracy and proper procedures are being followed.
- Complete necessary SAP transactions for production and quality tracking.
- Efficient and effective communications with shift associates, management, other facilities and vendors on an ongoing basis.
- Mentor and train employees on knowledge, skills and procedures necessary to perform job.
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures manufacturing and quality goals are met or exceeded.
- Work, lead, and direct the hourly workforce to ensure optimum performance.
- Manage and drive continuous improvement thru the use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Support, participate in and encourage the Quality Improvement Opportunity program.
- Prior experience as a supervisor, team lead, or other role managing hourly employees preferred.
- Previous experience with chemical batch making and consumer goods manufacturing a plus.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Experience with safety and quality systems.
- Must be able to learn to operate material handling, filling, milling, tank farm and other related equipment.
- Ability to work at heights, stand/walk for long periods of time, and lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work alternate shifts and/or overtime as required.
- Liaison between associates and supervisor/management team.
- Prior experience with continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Lesage, West Virginia, United States
7850 Ohio River Rd., Lesage, WV 25537
Back to top