Assistant Marketing Manager - International
Summary: Manages and supports international marketing activities, including research, new products, packaging, category management, retailer presentations, sales/marketing reports and Sales support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research: Conducts research for use in developing international market positionings and strategies. Includes category audits, SWOT analysis, competitive product testing and consumer and retailer research.
- New Products: Rationalizes sku's by country. Manages new product process with cross functional teams via the PCS and NewProd process. Measures sales results.
- Packaging:Creates package design brief. Manages global consistency with local relevancy and competitive differentiation. Manages design, translation and printing processes.
- Category Management: Teams with Category Management to gather retailer objectives, research consumer shopping behavior, conduct store audits and analyze current product mix, planogram and p-o-s data. Brings retailers proposed planograms that will grow, expand their business.
- Retailer Presentations: Teams with Sales to create a comprehensive retailer presentation which includes consumer research insights, competitive testing results, 'best practices' product mix and planogram, communications plan and ongoing category management analysis.
- Sales Support: Communicates new products, discontinued products, new trade marketing support materials, product sales rankings and retail success stories. Fills requests for technical product documents, product and marketing samples, photos and logos.
- Sales/Marketing Reporting: Tracks and reports sales and margin performance by sku, product family, brand, new product, channel of distribution and key retailers for each country. Provides action recommendations to improve performance.
- BA/BS required. MBA in Marketing or equivalent experience a plus.
- 3-6 years minimum of Marketing Management experience.
- Interest and availability for international travel.
- Solid practical knowledge of marketing research and category management, taking new products/packaging to market, creative and media aspects of marketing communications, creating impactful retailer presentations and developing actionable sales/marketing reports.
- Experience in developing and executing marketing research, launching new products, developing and executing communications including consumer packaging, advertising, public relations, website, point-of-sale and literature.
- Experience in presenting retailer category solutions to customers.
- Excellent communication, relationship- building and leadership skills.
- Strong results-orientation.
- Self-starter with hands-on work style.
- Consumer fact-based marketing perspective.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and persuasive skills.
- Combination of marketing savvy and creativity.
- Flexible-adapts easily to varying situations.
Meet Some of Rust-Oleum's Employees
Ryan oversees the product receiving, warehouse picking, and final shipping of Rust-Oleum goods—while also fielding phone calls and emails with questions from customers and internal departments.
Back to top