Architect and Engineering Business Specialist
Summary: Drive sales through gaining specification position while providing the highest level of customer service to the Architectural, Engineering, and Design communities as well as owner and contracting communities. Present Rust-Oleum product offering to targeted industries while working closely with Area Managers to achieve sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify top architects, engineers and designers in assigned zone and develop strong relationships with key contacts.
- Work with area managers in assigned zones to identify target markets and opportunities to gain specification position. Follow up on opportunities as needed to help close sales.
- Make appointments for A/E luncheon seminars (‘Lunch and Learns') with top architectural and designs firms. Arrange formal meetings to stress the features and benefits of the Rust-Oleum product line.
- Communicate regularly with paint channel zone manager to ensure Architect and Engineer Team and Sales strategies are aligned.
- Know and understand clients' services to make appropriate product recommendations. Follow up with clients and act as technical consultant to ensure customer satisfaction.
- This position requires the ability to maintain a database of customers, prospects as well as current jobs.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 years previous coating experience or experience calling on architects and engineers
- Strong presentation skills, cold calls to set appointments,
- CSI CDT, NACE, or SSPC certifications or ability to acquire these certifications
- 66-75% Travel
Los Angeles, California, United States
11 East Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Back to top