Vice President, Product Management - Video
Rubicon Project’s mission is to keep the Internet free, open and fuel its growth by making it easy and safe to buy and sell advertising and enable the world’s leading brands, content creators and application developers to trade and protect trillions of advertising requests each month while improving the advertising experiences of consumers. You get to solve challenging problems in our industry with your unique solutions!
**This role will be based out of our HQ in Silicon Beach (Playa Vista, CA) and relocation assistance is available**
Vice President, Product Management - Video
Are you a product innovator who is ready to deliver game-changing mobile and video technologies to the advertising marketplace today? Then Rubicon Project has a rare opportunity for the right person to come in and improve the advertising experience for publishers, app developers, advertisers, and the billion consumers Rubicon Project’s marketplace reaches globally.
The VP, Product Manager will lead our Video business through strategic and tactical measures. This seasoned product leader will report into the Chief Product Officer and will be one of the key drivers in the success of Video. This role requires cross-functional collaborative skills, both internally and externally. Consistent interaction with customers and clients as well as an in-depth understanding of pain points will be required. The Product Manager is expected to understand market conditions as it pertains to assigned channel and gather insights on competitor solutions to deliver on RP’s unique position.
The VP will deliver the right product to our users in a time sensitive and efficient manner. Using quantitative research, the product leader will help build the framework for existing and future product developments. This is a highly autonomous role and will require a product expert with an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. The Video Product Manager will be a key stakeholder in defining the direction of Video Ads at RP to ensure the highest ROI for consumers in both near and long-term.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Competitive evaluation of other products and capabilities
- Define the requirements & roadmap----originating and amending a suitable PRD--Products Requirements Document.
- Internal / External stakeholder communication
- Product Evangelist & champion
- Complete user testing of product or feature
- Launch timing, sales & marketing collateral
- Define the problem & value proposition
- Enable the Sales team
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ Years experience in a Product Management Role.
- Understand the broader digital (including OTT, automated TV, mobile video) marketplace.
- Strong understanding of VAST and VPAID as well as Open RTB Video Ad serving requirements.
- Working knowledge of 3rd party ad servers, video DSPs and video SSPs.
- Knowledge of OVP, OTT video infrastructure provider, or other related service provider knowledge
- Be the internal champion for our emerging and fast growing video business.
- Become familiar and knowledgeable as well as partner with the leaders of our ORDERS and MOBILE initiatives, as these products will require significant video support and development.
- Become familiar with and knowledgeable of our core systems and software to assure an appropriate vision can be developed and scoped with engineering leadership.
- Partner closely with marketing to assure our messaging and positioning is well understood and aggressively deployed into the marketplace.
- Internal and external champion
- Experience working with customers to determine their product needs and then proposing new innovative products and/or enhancements.
- Expertise working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Experience monitoring the commercial success of a new product or product releases.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- BA, BS or equivalent
What You’ll Get Out of It:
- Be the CEO of Video Products/Services currently not found in the market
- Exposure to working with one of the largest and fastest Big Data platforms.
- Incredible professional growth opportunity and working on cross-functional tech teams
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity
- Outstanding perks: 100% Medical/Dental/Vision care coverage, unlimited PTO, free catered lunches in all our offices, plus much more!
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top