Vice President, Demand Side Platform - Global
The Vice President, Demand Side Platform (Global) will be responsible for the strategy related to Rubicon’s DSP business. He/she will manage a team located throughout the America's whose mandate includes managing and growing revenue from programmatic channels. He/she will manage the implementation, and daily optimization of programmatic display, mobile and video ads across multiple channels, and work in a team atmosphere alongside other members of the revenue, revenue operations, product and marketing groups, making sure that RTB campaigns are optimized and monitored and fed back to clients correctly. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience working with DSPs, DMPs, data providers, and other programmatic platforms, as well as have a thorough understanding of the digital advertising eco-system. Rubicon Project is a fast-paced and evolving environment requiring strong project management, organization, and analytical skills. Several of these activities will be achieved through collaboration and teamwork with other company resources, so possessing strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and build relationships across the company is key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all existing programmatic demand partners
- Optimize programmatic platforms for maximum revenue generation
- Conduct periodic evaluation of RTB programs, identify new opportunities, and present recommendations for growth (i.e. improved optimization, ad placement audits, etc.)
- Interfaces the team as a single point-of-contact for all internal and external DSP-related inquiries, and pass along all relevant data to appropriate stakeholders.
- Track the overall performance of campaigns and serve as an escalation contact for quickly investigating discrepancies and driving resolution of campaign issues with programmatic demand partners.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving post-sale execution processes and practices for greater efficiency and higher quality.
- Explore and build revenue opportunities with existing demand partners, closely collaborating with your demand sales counterparts
- Effectively communicate to upper management problems or issues with campaigns and/or process.
- Manage monthly forecasting, revenue and performance reporting to management and finance teams.
- Provides thought leadership to brand on programmatic display and video campaigns by keeping abreast of programmatic and display optimization best practices
- Manages onboarding offline data into online platforms
- Manages online data collection for remarketing and conversion tracking
- Manages reporting and budget monitoring across programmatic campaigns
- Coordinates efforts with agency, internal teams, and partners
- Continuously refines programmatic buys to meet and improve upon objectives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in relevant discipline; post-graduate degree a plus
- 6+ years direct experience managing Display, Mobile and Video campaigns and teams with experience from business development, channel, partner management, performance sales, operations, and client services
- 10 years minimum experience in an ad tech, ad network, or product-driven company preferred
- Intellectually motivated by programmatic, RTB, platforms, automation, and industry disruption
- Strong leadership, communication, project management, and collaboration skills with a proven ability to work with both technical, sales and business teams
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented job
- Experience with Global or Multi-national business preferred
- Understanding of digital advertising industry, and programmatic market
- Ability to change customer behavior by challenging clients to improve
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to clearly articulate technical solutions to prospects/clients during sales processes
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are must
- Must pay attention to details and be able to identify problems
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Efficient multi-tasking and strong project management skills
- Keen aptitude for improving campaign performance using solid test & control fundamentals, data analysis, and identifying key business opportunities in the data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, ability to communicate with sales, executives and clients.
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges his or herself.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced and a change-focused work environment.
- Exhibits natural leadership qualities to help and inspire other team members. Ambition, high energy and the will to succeed
- Ability to translate strategic goals into plans and actionable objectives.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced, fun environment
- Ability to travel
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google (Gmail, Calendar, Docs)
- Experience with Digital/Online Advertising Technology and Graphic Design
- Experience and knowledge of the technical aspects of digital media and the digital marketplace, including online, video and mobile products
- Real time bidding experience and the processes behind the bidding process relating to digital campaigns, implementing programmatic orders between sellers and buyers
- Experience with ad industry technologies including auction-based ad exchanges, ad serving, behavioral targeting, DMPs, DSPs, retargeting platforms, performance optimization and analytics.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the businesses and marketplaces of Rubicon Buyer and Seller Clouds, including Real Time Bidding, Ad Networks, Agencies, Trading Desks, malware, non-human traffic, ad operations and ad servers, and the overall advertising ecosystem.
- Working knowledge and understanding of online advertising dynamics and campaign planning & buying
- Working knowledge of display advertising exchanges, behavioral targeting, and performance-based optimization
- Prior experience with ad management systems, mobile platforms, mobile SDKs, cookies a plus
Back to top