Software Engineer - C++ (All Levels)
Do you live to solve problems, technical and otherwise? Do you take responsibility where others fear to tread? Are you passionate, fast and detail-oriented in your work? Can you communicate as readily with executives as with developers? Do you want to manage people while staying technically hands-on?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, great! The Rubicon Project is growing, and we're hiring talented Engineers at a variety of seniority levels with experience in C++ and/or Java or experience with a compiled language and a scripting language. In the Ad Serving team you will work on real-world problems in the core of the business, own your systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans.
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet both system and business requirements.
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Support operation of services in production.
- Mentor of other developers on the team.
- Able to balance high-quality development with pragmatism and rapid delivery of products.
- Want to work in an environment where software engineers are full participants in shaping the product and the business.
- Be a creative problem-solver who can draw on an array of expertise and technology to design and implement reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions to challenging problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic enterprise server applications.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to help lead and grow an engineering team.
- 5+ years’ production coding experience.
- 3+ years production experience coding in at least one of the following compiled languages: C/C++, Java.
- 3+ years production experience coding in an interpreted language such as Perl or Python.
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus).
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE or related science required.
Back to top