Software Development Engineer in Test
The mission of the Quality Assurance team is to create technology frameworks, implement quality best practices processes, and develop tools to ensure we deliver optimal end user experience for our products. QA facilitates quality and transparency into Rubicon's software processes and products and helps validate business use cases and functionality with high confidence.
At the Rubicon Project, we encourage out of the box thinking to create an environment that promotes innovative products.
With the stability and support of a large organization and the flexibility of a start up, there is a unique opportunity for individuals to develop solutions from ground up that contributes directly to the success of the company. We have a world class Quality Assurance team with passionate, talented, and driven QA engineers and SDETs that influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers globally.
What you will be going:
- Responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or internal products
- Work on problems in a number of areas, including caching optimizations.
- Build out our automated testing infrastructure to help us build reliable, scalable, high-quality products and services
- Participate in design and implementation of test infrastructure to support building and moving services into a Continuous Deployment environment
- Conduct research and create Proof of Concepts on new testing technologies/tools/concepts
- Design test strategies by analyzing and dissecting complex heavily integrated software systems
- Work collaboratively with fellow SDETs to create a true end to end automation solutions
- Mentor and lead the automated testing efforts for the QA team
- Provide guidance to the team on automation strategy.
- Design and build scalable, maintainable and flexible automation test framework.
- Investigate root cause of issues to assist with finding the most comprehensive and robust solutions.
- Collaborate closely with product, project and development teams to identify and resolve technical, business, and process related issues.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- 2+ years of developing and bolstering automated QA systems and associated test strategies.
- Experience working with business-critical customer facing applications (user interfaces, APIs and back-end services).
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on writing detail oriented documents and communications.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong understanding of web UI and services automation testing.
- Strong experience with web application testing tools (prefer open source software such as Selenium WebDriver and JMeter).
- Strong experience with Linux.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
What we would love if you had:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience with the Ad Tech industry.
- Familiarity with clustered computing, distributed and parallel computing concepts.
What's in it for you:
- Working in a mid-size team where your work will have greater impact
- Gaining/expand experience working in a highly-transacational and scalable environment
- Career path, unlimited vacation (we do close down 2 weeks out of the year and you get paid for it!), spectacular benefits, free catered lunches, fun perks, great work environment etc
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top