Senior Software Development Engineer (Mobile/Video)
Rubicon Project is looking for talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial engineers with strong server side Java experience with exposure to Mobile and/or Video in a large scale distributed systems environment. Rubicon for Mobile is the primary interface through which publishers interface with the RP Exchange and the person would be part of the team responsible for the ad-serving and campaign management back-end. You will be responsible for implementing best practices hands-on development and operational support of complex, high scale systems. You will be working in a small and rapidly growing team. As we grow, demand for leadership will become available so there are always opportunities for career growth.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting architecture and design reviews with other software architects and engineers
- Perform code reviews and design reviews with the team
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues, and ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Support operations teams with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications.
What you need to have:
- 7 years experience using Java
- Experience building SDK for Android and iOS.
- 2+ years in real time request-response systems, Redis, AWS.
- Solid understanding of design patterns, OOD. Micro services architecture desirable. Strong CS fundamentals.
- Prior experience using SQL and exposure one or more DB (MySQL, Oracle, PostGres)
- Expertise building software in an agile development environment.
- Plus: Mobile Video ads, Video Ads, or Video
- Plus: Prior experience in Advertising systems, big data (Hadoop, Spark) desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
What's in it for you:
- Working with one of the Ad Tech leaders on smaller size teams which means your work will have greater impact!
- Exposure to one largest Big Data platforms in the industry and the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Career path, fun work environment, unlimited vacation (we do close down 2 weeks out of the year and you get paid for it!), 100% Healthcare coverage available, free catered lunches, etc
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top