Senior Server Side Java Engineer
If you get geeked about a few million queries per second, then Rubicon Project's Mobile/Video team has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer with strong server side Java experience in a large scale distributed systems environment. Rubicon for Mobile/Video is the primary interface through which publishers interface with the RP Exchange and the person would be part of the team responsible for the ad-serving and campaign management back-end
What you will be doing:
- Conducting architecture and design reviews with other software architects and engineers
- Perform code reviews and design reviews with the team
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues, and ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Support operations teams with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications.
What we look for:
- 7 years experience using Java
- 2+ years in real time request-response systems, Redis, AWS.
- Solid understanding of design patterns, OOD. Micro services architecture desirable. Strong CS fundamentals.
- Prior experience using SQL and exposure one or more DB (MySQL, Oracle, PostGres)
- Expertise building software in an agile development environment.
- Some previous experience to Mobile/Video Ads System
- Experience building SDK for Android and iOS.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a pioneering team within an established organization in a highly visible role.
- Building new mobile/video ad tech products and services
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of medical, dental and vision plans to fully cover you and your loved ones (including Fido). Want to work out? We’re all for it -- you select your gym or exercise class and we’ll provide you with a subsidy.
- Enjoy your stay: We want to make it easy for you. Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and free vending machines (and a beer fridge).
- L.A. employees can soak up the sun, practice their putting on our wi-fi enabled patio, enjoy the view of mountains, palm trees, and even go for a swim or surf in the Pacific Ocean only a few miles away!
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top