Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
With a relentless mission to pioneer an advertising technology revolution, Rubicon Project hires great people, builds innovative projects, and establishes itself as an industry-leading platform. By engineering one of the largest and distinct models of real-time and big data computing, Rubicon Project enables publishers and advertisers to process trillions of digital ad transactions with record-breaking efficiency.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong organizational skills to join our Finance team as the Senior Manager of Accounts Payable. As the Senior Manager of Account Payable, you will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable team while being innovative, thinking outside the box but also creating new boxes when it comes to systems, processes, integration, and scale. The ultimate goal is to provide excellent customer service internally and externally for timely payment of vendor invoices, publisher payables and reimbursement of employee expense reports while doing so in a paperless world. The Senior Manager of Accounts Payable oversees the day-to-day operations of accounts payable for all of North America, Europe and other international offices as well as lead and manage a growing team of 5 individuals.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the full cycle procure to pay process for headquarter and satellite offices world-wide.
- Complete implementation and refinement of paperless environment through banking and payment automation, approval workflow and invoice processing.
- Lead the AP team and the Company in embracing new processes.
- Work closely with treasury department to monitor weekly cash flow and prioritize payables.
- Supervise the processing of a high volume of invoices in multiple currencies on a monthly basis.
- Manage corporate credit card program, minimize company liability and ensure proper use of corporate credit cards.
- Evaluate and improve key area process flows and system controls.
- Assist with system design, integration and user testing related to Oracle, Concur and other platforms.
- Manage the processing 1099’s and the subsequent B notice communication that follows.
- Ensure the successful creation of vendors, related holding taxes, use taxes, and sales taxes, etc.
- Supervise and review quarterly analysis of outstanding checks and potential escheatment.
- Provide management reporting on key metrics such as vendor spend, AP stats, invoice processing.
- Manage worldwide publisher payment relationships and inquiries.
- Oversee reconciliation of publisher vendor accounts.
- Design roadmaps for potential expansion into new territories and businesses.
- Strategize and outline work plan and steps for due diligence.
- Create checklist and integration roadmap for post-acquisition efforts.
- Coordinate and manage all AP-related audit requests.
- Design processes, policies and procedures to ensure financial statement risks are limited from a liabilities standpoint.
- Uphold Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control financial standards by documenting and maintaining standard operating procedures, policies, and internal control documentation related to: vendors, payments, and Travel & Entertainment expenses.
- Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures as they relate to the procure-to-pay process and travel and entertainment
- Coach and develop staff.
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of accounts payable experience and management experience.
- Public company experience preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and/or large ERP system.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvements toward process excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel 10% internationally.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups.
- International experience and shared services structure preferred.
Back to top