Software Engineer - High Scalability Java (All Levels)
Rubicon Project is looking for talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial engineers in High Performance Computing. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, implementing best practices, as well as being hands-on development and operational support of complex, high scale systems. You will be working in a small and rapidly growing team. As we grow, demand for leadership will become available so there are always opportunities for career growth.
- Conduct architecture and design reviews with other software architects and engineers
- Perform code reviews and design reviews with the team
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues, and ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Support operations teams with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience with a minimum of 5 years of core Java backend technologies. Strong understanding of Java threading and concurrency and/or NIO.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work well with other developers
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- A strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and an ability to recognize the business and technical trade-offs between different solutions.
- Experience with writing production code using at least 2 programming languages
- Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Experience with development and continuous integration tools: maven, bamboo, git, Jenkins, Crucible, Jira, Confluence, etc.,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
Back to top